b

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Sean Tizzle: I love Sexy Girls, they Scream when I…

Sean Tizzle: I love sexy girls, they scream when I…


As early as late last year, the act known as Sean Tizzle (Morihanfen Oluwaseun Oluwabamidele) was little known. However, he would go down in history as one of the music revelations of 2013. Within a few months of the release of his single, Sho Lee, he has been transformed from nobody into one of Nigeria’s fastest rising music acts and now he says he is set to take the industry by storm.
Tony Ogaga Erhariefe caught up with the singer recently during the 8th edition of Julius Agwu’s annual comedy show, Crack Ya Ribs, which was held at the Nicon Hilton, Abuja. Among others, the act confessed that his sudden success has hit him like a ton of bricks!
Dressed in a golden shirt with black designs atop a black pant, Sean Tizzle was all smiles as he opened up: “I am yet to recover from the sheer force with which Sho Lee transformed my career. Success came so quickly; it hit me like a ton of bricks! One instance I was nobody and the next I was everywhere. In just a couple of two months I underwent a total transformation; it’s been so amazing!
“This is something I’ve been working on for a long time. When I dropped Sho Lee, I expected it to blow but this is beyond my expectations; this is just awesome! I’ve been into music for five years now. Suddenly, I’ve become a fast rising star; everybody wants to talk to and shake hands with me; it’s just amazing!”
When he started singing five years ago, did he believe he would come this far?

“In everything you do you need to believe in yourself no matter what as long as you’re putting hard work into it and praying to God. You have to work and believe in yourself. This is what I’ve always wanted to do,” he says with a smile.
However, Tizzle says he’s not there yet but he’s ready to give his best in order to achieve his dreams.

In the beginning
Music has always been down Sean Tizzle’s alley. At a tender age, he was exposed to rap by his uncle who encouraged him to pick up the microphone. Recounting those years, the young act goes down memory lane revealing how music enthralled him: “I used to watch my uncle rap those days and he was really cool and I was like ‘wow!’ I just wanted to do rap. He encouraged me and it took me a long time working on myself. Initially, I was a rapper but then I fell in love with singing and had to work on myself and my vocal chords, and the rest is history.”
Could he remember the first song he ever wrote? The musician breaks into a grin as he responds: “I have written a lot of songs. I can’t really remember now. It all began on a childish level and then it grew serious and here we are today. One thing I do remember is that I started out as a rapper before singing came along.”

Challenges
Today, it all looks rosy for the singer who is currently in his early 20s. But once upon a time the going was rough and rugged. Sean Tizzle reveals that he faced numerous challenges, and at a point, it got so bad he had to beg on the streets of Lagos just to make it to the studio to record.
“I faced a lot of challenges trying to get a record deal. Playing free gigs was a normal thing for me. Sometimes I even paid to perform in shows but I think it comes with the terrain. Even right now, I’m still facing lots of challenges. Though, there was no time I felt like walking away from music, the experience could be frustrating. There were times I was stranded and had to beg people for money on the streets just to make it to the studio for a recording.
“I remember the first time my record label, D Tunes called me up for a recording. I did not have a dime on me because I was stark broke. I had to beg for money on the road but nobody was willing to assist me,” the singer recalled.
If there’s one good thing Sean had from the outset, it was the support of his parents whom he says have been very encouraging as far as his singing is concerned. According to him, his parents especially his mother loves music a great deal and ever since he hit the limelight, his mum’s joy has known no bounds.

Sho Lee
Ever since the release of Sho Lee, controversy over what the song actually means continues to trail the singer. Sean Tizzle finally clears the air.
Sho Lee means it is hard in Yoruba and Ko lee means it’s not hard. The message is for all the sexy girls out there who are pretending and ‘forming’ to be what they are not. A lot of girls are not true to themselves. They think they are what they are not but at the end of the day, when you probe them, you discover that they are shallow. But I still love and respect them; I love sexy girls. They scream when I perform. I remember being at Elegushi Beach at the very beginning to promote Sho Lee. After my performance, there was this lady who was all over me. She just pounced on me and gave me the kiss of my life screaming, ‘I love your music.’! That was when I knew I was finally getting there,” he says laughing mischievously.

Romance
Are you a female fan of Sean Tizzle? Have you been dreaming of a date with the Sho Lee singer? You just might have an opportunity to hook up with him as he has declared that he is currently not in any relationship.
“No, not for now,” the singer says waving his hands, “I’m married to my music. I am a one-man Mopol and I’m not in any relationship. My ideal woman must be beautiful, shapely, sexy and intelligent, and above all, she must have the fear of God.”

On debut album
With four singles on rotation, Sean reveals that work on his album has reached advanced stages and it would be released by April of next year. He says it’s going to be ‘da bomb’ as the album would be featuring stars like KCee, Tuface, Iyanya, Wizkid, Davido, Omawunmi and Chidinma.

Teetotaler
Unknown to many, Sean is a teetotaler. He says he neither drinks nor smokes. So how does he get his high and inspiration? His response: “I don’t drink and I don’t smoke. My inspiration comes from God. Whenever I am on stage doing my thing I am excited and high. I don’t need alcohol or cigarettes or whatever some people smoke to deliver; I am naturally high.”

Advice
In the last couple of months since Sho Lee transformed his fortunes, Sean Tizzle has garnered a lot of experiences and he has a word of advice for youngsters who want to go into music.
“Just keep believing in yourself and remain focused doing what you know how to do   best. You should be determined and focused and pray for God’s grace, and God will crown your efforts with resounding success,” he declares.
With four singles, a video on air and an album dropping next year, Sean Tizzle it would seem is poised to write his name in the sands of Nigerian entertainment.

Follow Us on Twitter for fresh updates @facenaija

What do you think? Like it and share it with your friends on facebook, twitter to say your mind!

Also Like Our page on facebook for more Naija Celebrities Gossips and Breaking News at https://facebook.com/naijacelebritygossips




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...