b

Sunday, June 15, 2014

I Left The Music Scene Because I Had To Catch Up With My Childhood- Mo’Cheddah

Mo’cheddah who came back on the music scene with a hit song, “Destinambari” has said in an interview with a soft sell magazine that, the break she took from the music scene was because she was losing touch with a lot of things especially her childhood. She also said her new single was inspired by the popular old Indian film Destinambari.
Why did you decide to take a break at a time your career was blossoming?

I felt I needed the break at that time because I started early as a child artist and I have achieved a whole lot. I won all the awards possible. I won MAMA Award; I won Channel O Award, Dynanix Award, etc. I have done a whole lot of shows too. So it got to a point where I had to take a break because I realized there was a gap in my life.
I missed a lot of things. I missed times with my friends, I missed my childhood; for me, the break was necessary and I did that to catch up with my childhood so that I don’t lose it. So during the break, I was having fun at the same time working on my arts. And I think I am now a better artist.
What inspired your new song ‘Destinambari’?
Love inspired the song. I looked from outside when I was recording the song. I talked to myself, what type of music will I want to hear now; what type of music do I want to listen to and “Destinambari” came. It is a love song. It is soft, it calms you, and it is a mirror of who I am. It is a deeper love song, giving yourself to your partner, loving your husband unconditionally and not holding anything back.
The old Indian film “Destinambari” inspired the title. The movie was a big one. I loved the movie and I have always wanted to do something with the movie. The significance of “Destinambari” is 10/10 and it is a lucky number in India. It is a perfect number. So what I am trying to portray with it is perfect love. And I have always wanted to take people back, and I knew a lot of people would relate to that song, relate to the movie and the story in the movie.

Click Here to Read More

Please Share on Facebook and Twitter Below

Top 10 Most Popular Video Of The Day In Nigeria, Its A Must Watch: More Interesting Stories In Videos Click The Link Below To Watch

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...