b

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Photos: NDLEA arrest graduate, recovers 2.185kg drugs

Victor Ifeanacho (pictured above) who is a graduate of Business Administration and an indigene of Enugu state was arrested by officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos with 2.185kg of illegal substance, methamphetamine.

The suspect was arrested as he attempted to board an Ethiopian Airlines flight en route to Malaysia. 

After he was arrested, Victor who resides in the Badagry area of Lagos, said years of unemployment pushed him into the illegal business of drug trafficking. He said he was promised $3,500 if he was able to smuggle the substance to Malaysia successfully, where he would have been executed if caught
“I am a graduate of Business Administration. I have been jobless since I graduated in 2008. After several years of joblessness, I became a commercial bus driver in Lagos. I am single and live in Badagry. A man I met at a hotel promised to assist me in getting a job in Malaysia. I was happy to travel out of the country. Out of frustration, I agreed to smuggle the drugs, which eventually led to my arrest. They promised to pay me $3,500, but I regret everything now because I feel empty inside.” he said
Reacting to Victor's arrest, Chairman of the NDLEA Ahmadu Giade expressed sadness over his arrest, stating that an educated person like Victor should have known the consequences of the action he was about to take
“It is very disappointing for a university graduate who knows the implication of his action to get involved in drug trafficking. He was taking the drug to Malaysia where he would have been executed if caught with narcotics. I am happy with the arrest,” Giade said.
The NDLEA says further investigations on the case will be carried out.

Click Here to Read More

Please Share on Facebook and Twitter Below

Top 10 Most Popular Video Of The Day In Nigeria, Its A Must Watch: More Interesting Stories In Videos Click The Link Below To Watchm

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...