b

Thursday, July 17, 2014

I Was Surprised When I Saw Messi Coming Up For The Golden Ball – Sepp Blatter

Fifa Prez Blatter 600x375 I Was Surprised When I Saw Messi Coming Up For The Golden Ball – Sepp Blatter

World football governing body , FIFA is considering changing the voting procedure for the Golden Ball after the controversy surrounding the honour of the World Cup’s best player being awarded to Lionel Messi.

“Shall I be diplomatic or tell you the truth?’’ said Sepp Blatter, the FIFA president, after being asked about why the FIFA’s technical study group voted for a player whose achievements were comfortably eclipsed by the likes of James Rodríguez, Thomas Müller and Toni Kroos, amongst others. “Listen, I was myself a little bit surprised when I saw Messi coming up for the Golden Ball,’’ said Blatter.



“But look at the goals scored by Messi in the different (group-stage) matches. They were decisive.’’ He added.

The award used to be voted in conjunction with the media and that may be resumed after the fall-out from this award. “There was a long discussion,’’ said a FIFA spokesman. “The decision was by the technical study group. Maybe it will change again. Maybe it will not have so much weight given to the technical group. We’re open to suggestions. You can make your own opinion on Messi.’’

Click Here to Read More

Please Share on Facebook and Twitter Below

Top 10 Most Popular Video Of The Day In Nigeria, Its A Must Watch: More Interesting Stories In Videos Click The Link Below To Watchm

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...